Full-Page Document Imager and Electronic Machine Readable Travel Document (eMRTD) Reader
The HID ATOM™ Document Reader (ADR300) is a cutting-edge, multi-illumination, electronic machine-readable travel document (eMRTD) scanner. From its inception, ATOM has been designed for high performance and aesthetics, making it a versatile choice for nearly all document verification applications, offering both flexibility and style.
ATOM’s innovative design enables it to capture multiple high-resolution, uncompressed images in both visible and infrared light (UV – optional). Compared to other readers, the transaction time with this travel document imager and reader is substantially shorter, leading to enhanced productivity and cost-efficiency.
What sets ATOM apart from other identity document readers is its design, which allows for both desktop use and easy, seamless integration into countertops and kiosks. Its groundbreaking ‘shark fin’ document guides ensure that even the most frequently used documents slide onto the glass quickly, straightening bent corners for an optimal read.
ATOM offers ultra-fast MRZ decoding, with an optional feature to read RFID data from eDocuments, including those that meet the latest ICAO LDS standards. In addition, it has a high-performance 1D/2D barcode reading capability, further enhancing its feature set.
The ATOM document scanner can be equipped with an innovative expansion dock to provide contact smart card reading, magnetic stripe reading, or both. Its sleek drop-in design means that the unit can be pre-installed or retrofitted in the field within mere seconds.
Detailed Product Sheet for the ATOM (ADR 300)
ATOM (ADR 300) key features :
- Sophisticated Imaging: Captures high-resolution images in visible and IR light (UV – optional)
- Simple Integration: Operates without external power supply using USB 3.0
- MRZ Reading: Reads ICAO 9303 compliant documents, including ID cards, ePassports and visas — plus ISO 18013 compliant driver’s licenses
- Flexible QR/Barcode Reading: Reads 1D/2D barcodes from smart phones, tablets and paper
- Optional Contactless Capability: ISO 14443 contactless RFID reader/writer supports ICAO LDS standards, including BAC, PA, AA, EAC and SAC
- Optional Expansion Dock: Provides contact smart card and MSR reading, two additional USB ports and two SAM module
Interested in the ATOM (ADR 300)?
Request your free and personalized quote. Response guaranteed within 24 hours!