Following its process of continuous improvement, IDEMIA has enhanced the MorphoTablet 2 firmware to optimize the security of the device while restraining the risk of hacking. This new firmware offers the following security features:
• Hardware Secure Boot that preserves the device against third party Android builds installation,
• Unauthorized modification of system code,
• Physical attack surfaces mitigation by inactivating Android debug bridge (ADB) by default,
• Enhanced device encryption that protects the device against intrusion,
• SAM card reader with Open Mobile API,
• Dedicated area for customization, adding application as “pre-installed” and protecting the customization from factory reset.
In order to provide to all our customers the best product in terms of security, IDEMIA has decided to propose this new improvement to all further MorphoTablet 2 deliveries. As a consequence:
1) The MorphoTablet 2 fingerprint/face biometric tablet (Part Number 293689952 / 293686071) is discontinued and replaced by MorphoTablet 2s (MorphoTablet 2s becomes the main product reference).
2) The new secure firmware release version TA-x is now loaded in factory into:
– MorphoTablet 2s fingerprint/face secure biometric tablets (Part Number 293705285 / 293705305),
– MorphoTablet 2i fingerprint/face/iris biometric tablets (Part Number 293724199 / 293724222).
Our support team is available to help ensure a seamless integration of custom apps with this new firmware, using our Customer Support Package dedicated tools.